Cason M. Kirby
Cason M. Kirby is an associate in the firm’s Business Torts, Corporate Litigation, and Trial practice. Cason’s practice focuses on representing privately-held companies in all types of business disputes, including the representation of both creditors and debtors in complex bankruptcy proceedings, workouts, and restructurings. Through his practice, Cason counsels businesses on meeting their changing needs throughout each step in the litigation process.
Cason has prosecuted and defended claims throughout the Southeast and has represented businesses of all sizes, from new start-ups to national, publicly-traded corporations.
Most recently, Cason has:
- Successfully defended a Georgia privately-held company in an unemployment benefits dispute with a former employee.
- Prosecuted and won a judgment on a personal guaranty case on behalf of a West Virginia industrial and commercial equipment company.
- Negotiated the sales and acquisitions of multiple small businesses and start-ups.
- Represented a publicly-traded national drugstore chain in real estate disputes with commercial tenants.
- Juris Doctor, The University of Alabama School of Law, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, The University of Alabama, 2009, magna cum laude
- President, Student Government Association
- Jasons Senior Honorary
- Fellow, The Blackburn Institute
- Alabama, 2012
- Mississippi, 2013
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section