Campbell Guin, LLC is a full-service, boutique law firm distinguished by its tenacious approach to business litigation and corporate law. We have extensive experience helping businesses and their owners navigate and address complex legal matters and achieve strategic goals. Recognized as a wise alternative to traditional legal options, we achieve success while providing extraordinary value for every client.
With offices in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa Alabama, we have a strong regional presence in the Southeast. Our robust relationships throughout Alabama and Eastern Mississippi demonstrate a complete understanding of varied legal climates and cultures.
Partners Andy Campbell and Jay Guin were classmates at The University of Alabama School of Law, where they both finished at the top of their class. After law school, both attorneys established respected practices in Alabama. Jay Guin built a practice in Tuscaloosa focused on corporate taxation, and Andy Campbell built a substantial business and general commercial litigation practice in Birmingham. Campbell Guin combines the two prominent practices to represent clients across a broad range of industries and business transactions.
some of our most recent significant results include:
1. Obtained a multi-million dollar verdict in federal court for compensatory damages on behalf of general counsel of an educational institution who had been terminated.
2. Was Plaintiff’s lead counsel in a nation-wide securities class action that reached a multi-million dollar settlement during trial in the United States District Court in Jefferson, Missouri. The claims were based on the sale of fraudulent bonds for an industrial project.
3. Was Plaintiff’s lead counsel on a class action in Montgomery County Circuit Court, and a negotiated Class A Settlement saving the Prepaid Affordable College Tuition program (“PACT”) of the State of Alabama. The class action was brought by parents participating in the fund for its failure to pay tuition benefits.
4. Obtained an AAA arbitration award for $1,167,782 for fraud and breach of contract for a stockholder in a Florida corporation.
5. Obtained a Derivative verdict for damages of $1,300,000 and of equitable relief for an injunction from an AAA panel on behalf of a partner in a hotel limited partnership. This was one of the few derivative claims successfully maintained in AAA arbitration.
6. Successfully defended a major corporation in Alabama for mismanagement claims by a shareholder. Obtained Summary Judgment at the trial level and affirmance on appeal.
7. Obtained a FINRA award of $2,500,000 for investor suitability claims against a major financial brokerage firm.
8. Obtained a $2,100,000 FINRA award against a major brokerage firm on behalf of investors misled to investing into risky mutual funds.
9. Was co-counsel in a major fraud claim against a large, publicly held company that resulted in a high multi-million dollar settlement.
10. Obtained a $500,000 jury verdict from a (Dadeville County) jury in a franchise termination case, one of the largest in that county’s history.
11. Won the trial of a significant election contest tried in Circuit Court in Tuscaloosa.
12. Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement in a fraud claim for a seller against the company that purchased his business.
13. Successfully litigated to a $2,500,000 settlement in Lauderdale County Circuit Court prior to trial for a breach of fiduciary claim against a trustee for misappropriation of assets.
14. Settled as Plaintiff’s counsel a beneficiary’s claim in Talladega Circuit Court for several hundred thousand dollars against a trustee for breach of fiduciary duty and violations of the Uniform Trust Code.
15. As Plaintiff’s counsel, settled during discovery claims of residents in Jefferson County Circuit Court who suffered emotional anguish and property damages when an airplane crashed at their homes.
16. As Plaintiff’s counsel, obtained the first trial court ruling in state history that a member of an Alabama Credit Union may bring a derivative claim on behalf of the Credit Union.
17. After a four-day trial in the U.S. District Court Northern District, settled as Plaintiff’s counsel for a substantial amount of a professional’s claim under a disability policy.
18. As Plaintiff’s counsel, secured one of the first preliminary injunctions in history against Facebook, requiring it to remove false and defamatory pages posted by Co-Defendants.
19. As Plaintiff’s counsel, prosecuted to a multi-million dollar settlement in federal court for a fidelity bond claim against officers of a financial institution.