Todd Campbell is a partner in the firm’s Business Torts, Corporate Litigation, and Trial practice. His practice embodies the entire scope of issues that arise for closely held business owners. Todd has extensive experience litigating civil matters in trial and appellate courts as well as arbitration. More specifically, he prosecutes and defends claims brought by closely held business owners and individuals in civil actions, including minority shareholder litigation, internal corporate governance disputes, and contractual and employment disputes. In addition, he has litigated numerous disputes between trust beneficiaries and trustees.
Todd represents both plaintiffs and defendants in trials and arbitrations in the state of Alabama and across the Southeast, enabling him to strategically understand both sides of a case. His approach to examining all aspects of a business allows him to anticipate his clients’ needs proactively and mitigate issues prior to escalation.
Most recently, Todd has:
- Arbitrated a shareholder dispute before a three-person AAA panel in Atlanta.
- Litigated the removal of a trustee of a private testamentary trust in Alabama Circuit Court.
- Litigated an election contest in Alabama Circuit Court.
- Mediated a work-out dispute between a bank and an individual.
- Litigated the buy-out of a minority shareholder’s interest in a closely held, multi-million dollar company.
- Investigated and advised closely-held distributor regarding distributor’s contractual rights with an independent contractor.
- Prosecuted and defended claims on behalf of corporate clients arising out of contractual disputes and business torts.
- Litigated the constitutionality of a state banking regulation in Alabama Circuit Court and the Alabama Supreme Court.
- Juris Doctor, Cumberland School of Law, 2012
- American Journal of Trial Advocacy
- Dean’s List
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, University of Georgia, 2009
- Alabama, 2012
- United States District Courts for Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- Rising Star Lawyers, Birmingham Business Journal 2015
- Rising Star Lawyers, Birmingham Business Journal 2016
ARTICLES, PUBLICATIONS, AND OPINIONS
- “United States v. Green: Rejecting the ‘Inextricably Intertwined’ Test When Determining Whether Evidence is ‘Intrinsic’ or ‘Extrinsic’ Under Rule 404(B),” 34 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 459, Fall 2010
- “Minority Shareholder Oppression,” (chapter in the e-book Business Litigation Insights co-authored with Andy Campbell and Stephen Wadsworth)
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Young Partners Board, Preschool Partners
- Junior Board, Better Basics
- Phoenix Club of Birmingham
- Member, Judge James Edwin Horton American Inn of Court