Yawanna McDonald is a partner in the firm’s Business Torts, Corporate Litigation, and Trial practice. Yawanna’s practice focuses on the areas of commercial and business litigation, trust and estate litigation, and other general litigation matters representing both plaintiffs and defendants. In her trust and estate litigation practice, Yawanna represents small to multi-million dollar estates. Yawanna’s practice also includes probate and estate administration services. Her prior technical background and experiences allow her to quickly grasp her clients’ objectives and uniquely approach each client matter. Before attending law school, Yawanna worked as an environmental consultant where she focused on aiding her clients in achieving environmental compliance.
Most recently, Yawanna has:
· Mediated a settlement recovery for an estate involved in a FINRA proceeding.
· Litigated and recovered trust assets for a beneficiary.
· Represented small business owner regarding a contractual dispute.
· Prosecuted and defended claims arising from Wills and testamentary trusts.
· Represented personal representatives and executors in estate administration and probate matters.
- Juris Doctor, Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, 2013, cum laude
- Senior Associate Editor, American Journal of Trial Advocacy
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities, 2013
- Birmingham’s Chapter of Women of Law Scholarship Recipient, 2013
- Magic City Bar Scholarship Recipient, 2011
- Dean’s Scholar Recipient
- Judge Paul O. Moyle Award for Best Appellate Brief
- Caruthers Fellow, Teaching Assistant to 1L Research and Writing
- Master of Science in Forest Products, Mississippi State University
- Concentration in environmental sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, Mississippi State University
- Alabama, 2013
- Mississippi, 2015
- United States District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, CLE Committee
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Probate Sections
- YWCA Junior Board member
- YWCA Junior Board Mission’s Chair
- Cumberland School of Law Alumni Admission Board member
- General Vice Chair, American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources’ Forest Resources Committee, 2012-2013
- Troop Leader, Girl Scouts of North Central Alabama
- 2016 Class of Birmingham Bar Association Leaders Forum